Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fighting Folliculitis with my $30 Remington Electric Shaver


Dr. Jordan P. Richman

Here I am with the results of my $30 Remington which I bought from Walgreens a few months ago. The sweet smiling clerk assured me if it did not work out well for me I could return it and get my $30 back.

You can see the results of using this shaver. I use it on my head as well as my face but not on other parts of my body. I just had 4 biopsies, one malignant, the other 3 pre-cancerous. I have tons of stuff on my body which the Derms just pass by. Some say it's from the sun, others that it's just genetic. I have had quite a few Derms and I would like to write about them all for your medical pleasures in my follow up posts of How not to Blog.

Getting back to my $30 Remington. I have used some other brands in the past but none of them worked as well as this one, even though they cost a lot more. So for many years I switched to razors which I thought would be easier on my skin. Some of the new fangled razor shavers were interesting with their batteries and 5 unit blades.

I tried using a pre-lotion used before the electric shaver, but it left a powerful scent and stickiness that was totally unnecessary if you follow the advice of the Rem manual. "Use it every day for 3 weeks" and that does seem to condition the face so that you do not need a prelotion.

In my early 30s I acquired a back of the neck condition in my hair called folliculitis. I notice from looking that condition up on the internet that there are many men and even some women who have that condition. Special types of bacteria get lodged in the oily base of the hair follicles and they reside with you until the day you die.

Tomorrow I will discuss those treatments on this How not to Blog, so if you stumbled across this Pariah blog (there are two with the same name, but one is by J. Richman and the other is by Jordan Richman) by a no non sense no ad sense blogger be sure to return for the follow up of Dr. Richman's reports on treating his folliculitis.

That's All FOLKS FOR TODAY--ah,ha,a,ha,ha as Bugs Bunny would say after his winning bouts with, err, What's Up Doc?

No comments:

Post a Comment