Monday, December 16, 2013

Chapter 3      

Mom and Son have a heart to heart talk

Madam Chessman stood up from behind her desk to greet her 13 year old son, Sid.

--Hi Sid, pull up a chair to my desk.
--Hi Mom. What's, up?
--It looks like some of your old tricks are up again.
--What are you talking about?
--You know what I'm talking about. Detective Thompson just paid me a visit to tell me how you and your friends are busting into people's houses when they are away on holidays and looting their stuff.
--Does he have any proof of that? 
--One of your boys got caught shoplifting and they asked him where he got his bike. That opened up a whole can of worms. If you know what I mean.
--He told them about our old shed behind the house where your Crime, Inc. kept their loot. I took him back to the shed and opened the door for him. There it all was, all the junk on his list of stolen items. We lucked out because Thompson is such a good customer of mine. He said if you made a complete list of all the guys in your gang along with personal details about each one of them he would go easy on you. 
--When do I start writing the list, replies Sid.

Thus we have the beginnings of CHECKMATE.COM







No comments:

Post a Comment